GDS-Academy*, developed in partnership with ICCA and CityDNA, urges you to explore traditional and emerging communication strategies and how they can enhance your destination’s messaging and purpose.
If you want to create compelling campaigns, you will find inspiration in the Storytelling and Communication Strategies for Regeneration Masterclass.
You choose the start date to explore 4 2-hour modules (plus 1 hour for preparation and 1 hour for homework), and you set the pace.
Choose from 3 formats: in-person, hybrid, and online. Course materials and tasks are available throughout, and for 6 months after graduation.
Explore the latest examples and best practices from destinations investing in authentic sustainability stories. Discover behaviour change methods with a new toolbox to help your destination persuade, and influence its audiences.
Co-create unique solutions under the guidance of an esteemed faculty that includes incredible destination marketeers, provocateurs, and influencers from GDS-Movement, and universities, destinations, and organisations.
Key faculty includes:
– Melissa Baird, Chief Storyteller, GDS-Movement, and Course Faculty Lead
– Guy Bigwood, Chief Changemaker, CEO, GDS-Movement
– Sigríður Dögg Guðmundsdóttir, Head of Visit Iceland
– Dr. Xavier Font, Professor of Sustainability Marketing, University of Surrey, United Kingdom
– Ed Gillespie, Resident Futurist, GDS-Movement, Communications Specialist
plus guest speakers from destination management organisations around the world!
Here are your top 3 outcomes:
– Widen your knowledge of holistic sustainability marketing
– Acquire new approaches and templates for creating and closing leads
– Develop an enhanced brand story you can tell immediately and convincingly
Is it for you?
Yes, if you’re a marketing and communications professional who wants to sharpen AND soften storytelling to deliver results that speak for themselves. Curious?
* More about GDS-Academy GDS-Academy, brought to you by ICCA and City Destinations Alliance, offers a dynamic learning experience that helps you understand (and practice) regenerative impact and its role in destination and event management. This is a blended learning institution for destination professionals determined to catalyse positive benefits for people and planet through tourism and events. Expect an esteemed faculty of experts and thought leaders who love to engage, fun modules with quizzes, votes, and discussions, and courses to cover every aspect of sustainability management in the sector.