What is the Global Destination Sustainability Movement?
The Global Destination Sustainability Movement (GDS-Movement) unites and enables destination management professionals to create flourishing and resilient places to visit, meet and live in. It serves as a platform to connect people, co-create innovations, and share best practices and success stories with its members. It stands for extreme collaboration, and the free sharing of knowledge and ideas.
Why should you get involved?
If you are a destination management professional, and unsure about how to implement more sustainable practices in your work, or already have a lot of experience running sustainability initiatives, the GDS-Movement will be right for you. By joining you can receive recognition for your work on our platforms, as we may publish and promote your best practices and initiatives through our website, reports, social media and presentations. Further:
- You will be invited to our regular webinars, and hackathons.
- You will receive free access to news, shared knowledge, best practices, and updates.
- You will have networking opportunities with professionals and stakeholders from different destinations around the world.
- You will be part of a Global Movement that is transforming our industry.
How can you get involved?
Getting involved is free and relatively painless. You will have to follow these steps:
- Fill out the Sign-Up form
- Take note of the three commitments you select in the form, to track your progress
- Read carefully our Terms & Conditions before submitting the form
- Within 3 weeks from the day you signed up, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to provide us with any link, document or extra information related to your three commitments. Only after completion of this last step you will receive a confirmation email and officially join the GDS-Movement.
No membership fee is required to join the GDS-Movement: what matters to us is the continuity of your commitment. This GDS-Movement relies on the power of its network and community, therefore it’s necessary for us to track your progress.
To do so, we will send you 2-3 reminders per year to collect evidence of your actions and share your best practices with the rest of the community.