If you’re looking for inspiration for “destination positive”, start with Valencia, host to the inaugural GDS-Forum, the 2023 CityDNA Autumn Conference, and the home of the 2023 GDS-Awards.
Valencia, the city of arts and sciences, is a superb host for the inaugural GDS-Forum* including the 2023 GDS-Awards**.
A Destination Deeply Dedicated to Sustainable Tourism and Events
Valencia is a long-term member of GDS-Index committed to continuous improvement. Have a look at the latest data on its sustainability contributions from the GDS-Index. (Its 2023 results will be live soon after GDS-Forum).
They are lush with thousands of square metres of fruit, vegetable fields and several local varieties of rice.
This rice provides the main ingredient in Valencia’s most international dish: the paella.
The VISIT VALENCIA Website Offers Guidance for a More Sustainable Experience
It includes tips on:
– eco volunteering options,
– conservation programmes supporting endangered species,
– and various, awe-inspiring World Heritage sites.
It’s also the proud recipient of the 2024 European Green Capital Award, a distinction that recognises the city’s efforts to improve the environment and the quality of life of its residents and visitors alike.
- Don’t miss out! Attend the next public Feeling the Pulse webinar to meet the 2023 GDS-Awards winners and explore the 2023 GDS-Index results here (11 October) or here (12 October)
- View recommended accommodation here
- Discover more about Valencia here
** The 2023 GDS-Awards ceremony is hosted with our long-time partner, ICCA.
All photographic images © Visit València. All rights reserved. www.visitvalencia.com